Saturday, November 19, 2005

The 2005 Walk Awards

I'm a little behind with this entry, but such is life at my house, I'd be behind if I had a head start. Anyhow, we had our awards dinner this last Monday, and after a few battles with scanners, and my most despised software company's imaging software, I got the pictures scanned, resized, and uploaded to my server.

Let's start with the team awards, because if it weren't for everyone collectively, and by that I mean every single participant in the walk itself, we wouldn't have raised the $33,000 some odd dollars that we raised. My team rocked and rolled their way into second place in dollars raised, and yet still was able to raise the highest dollar per walker average.

Kudos to my whole team, and also Ashlen's team who rose to the challenge I laid out at the beginning of the walk to beat my team this year! On the left is the award for the team, and on the right is a picture of most of the team (not everyone was able to show up on walk day).

For my volunteer participation as the corporate chairperson for the 2005 walk I was pleasantly surprised to receive this certificate of appreciation as an award. Fitting, I thought, because I appreciated the opportunity to hopefully make a difference in my daughter's quality of life, as well as the lives of all diabetics ;)


In addition to the wonderful surprise above, I was also awarded the first annual traveling trophy for the top individual fundraiser. My heart and my thanks go out to each and every one of you that helped me bring this jewel home for the first year, and I hope to count on you next year, and every year until the day I can tell my little girl I don't have to give her an insulin injection ever again.

I may not have had the top team this year, but I'm not giving up. Ashlen's team, I'll be back next year to challenge you again! And as for the rest of the teams, the challenge remains for any and all of you to try and outdo me next year.

1 comment:

big dan said...

good job Bob...

perhaps hele me ke aloha will challege you next year.

well, we'll need some more members, and Kaelyn's really gotta start pulling her weight with the fundraising too...;)

Anyway, hell of a job!